7:00 AM - 4:00 PM
to anyone 18 years and younger!
No registration required!
When: Monday – Friday June 1 through July 31, 2015
Breakfast 8:00AM -9:00 AM
Lunch 11:30AM – 1:00 PM
Where: Holling Heights Elementary School
6565 South 136 Street
This institution is an equal opportunity provider.
Millard South’s Technology Mini Magnet and Project Lead the Way are presenting a hands-on opportunity for students to explore Technology and Engineering this summer at their technology boot camp.
Incoming 6th, 7th and 8th graders
Where: Millard South High School
When: June 29, 30, July 1, 2 8am-11am
Cost: $50 per student (Includes Camp T-Shirt)
Click here for more information
Dear Millard Families:
Did you know Millard spends thousands less per student than the state average? Despite the district’s efficiencies, Millard faces significant challenges to its budget that were not addressed in the recently passed bond issue. There are several reasons the District’s resources are diminishing, none of which are expected to turn around in the near future. To help, a parent committee has created the “You Give, We Learn” Technology Drive. This committee is working to meet immediate technology needs by raising $200,000. In conjunction with District funding and the generous iPad donation by the Millard Public Schools Foundation, all 25 elementary buildings will receive two iPad carts.
Did you know?
- Millard’s budget is supported by property taxes (42%) and state aid (39%).
- Property values have seen minimal growth since 2008.
- The state has removed millions of anticipated funds for instructional time and advanced degrees for teaching staff which will change Millard’s funding.
- Creates a digital learning environment.
- Offers remedial and accelerated learning options tailored to each student’s needs.
- Check out our iPads in action! Click here for a short video.
What is an iPad Cart?
- An iPad cart is a closed case on wheels designed to store, charge and transport multiple iPads.
How can you help?
- Contribute here to the “You Give, We Learn” Technology Drive between .
- Write a check payable to the Millard Public Schools Foundation and designate your donation to the Technology Drive.
One of Millard Public Schools’ belief statements is “Public education benefits the entire community and is the shared responsibility of all.” With your financial support, our community has a unique opportunity to support our schools. Your donation is tax deductible. Spread the word! It is up to us as a community to work together and achieve this goal.
Please help us out today so that our future graduates have the tools they need to help you .
“You Give, We Learn” Parent Technology Committee